Thursday, May 7, 2009

My next stamp attempt



Ok, here is my second handcarved stamp attempt.  Actually it is my third but we will just ignore the demonic looking dragonfly for now....



I am really happy with this little fellow (and the cute little gift tag).  Except for accidentally chopping off one of his little toes I think it turned out pretty well, considering the tools I am working with.



I used AuntLoLo's suggestion of an eraser pencil end (with eraser removed and squished a little to form a point) and it worked pretty well.  Nothing like I imagine the speedball lino cutter to work but satisfying for me right now in the meantime.  I am aspiring to become skilled like the wonderfully talented Geninne!

3 comments:

  1. Awww...that came out so cute!!!

    Maybe mine would work...if I actually bought an ink pad. ;-)

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Followed you here from Geninne's. Your stamp looks great, and what's funny is, I used the exact same little bird the first time I made a stamp. Just keep practicing. It gets easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by LoLo and Mandy,
    I need another stamp pad colour now. Purple is going to get old real quick! By the way, the white erasers are quite easy to work with.
    Mandy, how funny that we did the same bird! I will definitely continue practising but I would really love to get my hands on those linocutters!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails