Saturday, August 22, 2009

DIY dimensional paper stickers

Sorry guys, I missed a day. Life in the form of a dinner party to prepare for and a fun lunch to attend happened instead! Ok, well here is the second in my DIY sticker series (not really a series but it sounds good saying it like that). I used the same shape as the previous one as you can see and here is how I did it.

Firstly I used the basic template to outline the shapes onto two different coloured papers for my nest and bird. I stuck with my little bluebird of happiness you will see.



Next, cut them out leaving a border around the pencil line (so you can't see the card template underneath when completed). Make one border slightly bigger than the other to enhance the 3D effect. If you want a neat back you can erase your pencil lines now.


You can see the beak here. I just eyeballed a couple of little orange paper triangles for these. Turn over your papers and glue down on to your card template (I just used a regular old glue stick).


Glue your second beak to the head (if you are doing a birdie too) and stick double sided mounting tape to your second set of pieces.


Stick them on top of the glued down ones and add a little eye (I used a black marker to dot one on).


Turn the whole thing over and add double sided mounting tape to the card template underneath.


Take off the backing paper and stick it to your card, scrapbooking page etc. Enjoy!


p.s. Princess E 'acquired' my little felt birdie sticker for her album and now her friends want me to make some for them also! Funny! I could go into sticker production I suppose....

3 comments:

  1. This is so great...I've been wanting to do this for a while and I appreciate you sharing a simple technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing...I´ll feature on my blog hope you don´t mind
    hugs from Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Rosana
    thank you and I would be thrilled for you to feature me on your blog.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails