Sunday, August 2, 2009

Flower Gift Box Band Tutorial


This idea came from an elastic band that came around a pair of socks, believe it or not. I have the habit of keeping items with the thought that I will think of a use for them someday (instead of throwing it away). Anyway, I was mucking around with the elastic one day and trying to think of ideas when a little empty gift box just happened to be sitting there too so I was happy to find that it fit the box perfectly. Now I just wanted to cover up the printed details so I turned it inside out and attached a large felt flower to it. Best of all, this is a gift box with decoration that can be reused over and over (at least I hope the people who will potentially receive it will do just that).

I have created a tutorial for it so please click below for your copy:


I have to also give credit to Martha for learning how to make these felt flowers. The original instructions were in the Kids magazine (Winter/Spring 2003) and were very clear. I have done my own instructions only because she doesn't have the same clear pictures on her website - just written ones. Anyway, thanks Martha, for the original tutorial! (I doubt very much Martha invented these flowers but that is where I learnt them from so just wanted to give due credit).

12 comments:

  1. That's beautiful! What a pretty way to use that flower. I love it, I'll be linking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty on a gift box! And reusable too! I posted a link to your tutorial on Craft Gossip Sewing:
    http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-felt-flower-gift-box-band/2009/08/07/
    --Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty and simple! Thank you so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came across your site and love the tutorial very much. It's beautiful and I'll definitely give a try. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a wonderful idea. The flower is just beautiful! Thanks so much for doing a tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful! I'm going to try it - thanks for the great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!So gorgeous tutorial,Thank,s for so nice post.

    gift pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness. These are beautiful! Thank you for the tutorial!
    send gifts to Pakistan from uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely colors . Its easy I'll try to make it :) .
    send gifts pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is the most innovative idea i have ever came across and i think it is an item which can be presented at every good occasion. Really liked your idea and looking forward for more beautiful and innovative ideas.

    gifts for Ramadan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails