Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 13 - Brave reveal (not really....)

I am not very good at willingly showing pictures of not so nice sights, especially when they happen to be existing in my house but hey, I will live on the edge over here and show you the cupboard under my kitchen sink.

Behold, the wonderful before shot.....


Now, obviously this cupboard could benefit from a large splash of white paint (imho) but I am renting so I have to work with what I have (don't get me wrong, this is a great home by the way - I am not complaining).  Because the kitchen is a little dated and in need of a refresh I have kind of been neglecting trying to prettify it up much.  Which is a bad idea for me.  Prettifying (yes, that is a word now) stuff up is something I really can't get away from.  I operate much better in tidy, uncluttered and preferably pretty surroundings.

I don't think this reveal will win me a spot on Apartment Therapy or Design*Sponge but what the hey.

Behold, the after.....


I just added some shelf liner to the bottom (cutting around the pipes and stuff at the back), collected random stuff in some spare plastic storage containers I already had and put my dishwasher tablet thingies into a jar (oh, and tidied that little hanging basket on the door).  Simple, quick changes but, aaaaah, that feels much better...

In case you haven't noticed, this Blogtoberfest challenge is basically me catching up on the million little 'to do' list items I don't usually make time for and for completing some of my huge project 'to do' pile.  Yay for Blogtoberfest!

This post brought to you as part of Blogtoberfest.  In case you missed that paragraph above...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails