Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 5 Blogtoberfest - framed doilies


Today had me framing doilies that my wonderful Nana embroidered (dang, the top one is too low in the frame! have to fix that tomorrow now...).  My Nana is 103 and still going strong and I love her to bits.  I have a stack of embroidered and crocheted doilies that I rarely use so I wanted to frame them so I can enjoy them and think of her every day, especially when I am so far away from her.  This is one wall of our dining room and I have this fabulous little table that my best friend, Barry, made for me years ago sitting there.  The plant pot is a gift from another best friend (hey Em!) so this is one of my happy little corners for fond memories.

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea, its certainly a little memorial corner to everyone you are close to. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! They look great!!

    Dropping in from Blogtoberfest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous idea this!
    They look wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely, dear. I love how personal you can make a room. And I love the authenticity of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! How nice to have a corner with so many special items there to remind you of special friends and family!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails